Friday, June 12, 2009

Recipe

Hey guys! I am going to post some recipes that we like to eat. Most of them are the favorite foods by BICOLANO’s  . try to cook it. It’s yummy!


LAING
This dish is always in our menu. Almost all foods cooked by us bicolano’s have coconut milk extract. And of course there’s always siling labuyo.If you’re not a lover of siling labuyo them you might not be a bicolano/bicolana! If it’s hot it’s yummier.. :)

I am not fond of eating foods w/ gata but I learned to love to eat this one. It’s the only vegetable that I would eat.

10 pcs coconuts, grated and milk extracted
1 cup alamang puree (alamang juice extracted)
2 pcs siling pansigang, chopped
1 pc big onion, chopped
2 kgs gabi or taro leaves, dried and shredded

1. Boil gata or coconut milk with alamang puree in a saucepan or work.
2. Add sili and onion.
3. Add gabi leaves. Simmer for 1 hour. When the leaves are fully wilted, the dish is cooked.



PILI-SESAME BRITTLE


4 cups pili nuts, toasted and coarsely chopped
Pinch of salt
½ cup butter
1 cup sesame seeds, toasted
2 cups sugar
2 tbsp water

1. In a bowl, combine chopped nuts, salt, butter and sesame seeds.
2. In a casserole, combine sugar and water and cook over medium heat until mixture reaches hard ball stage, about 250°F. Pour over the nut mixture and toss with a wooden spoon.
3. Grease a baking sheet with oil.
4. Pour mixture into baking sheet, spreading out evenly with a rubber spatula. Allow to set and cool down.
5. Cut into strips or bars when cold.
6. Wrap in colored cellophane paper.


BICOL EXPRESS
I am not really fond of eating this one. But everyone’s been asking me if I know how to cook this or if I have the recipe. Hehe.. I can cook but I would really refer to eat foods. It is much more enjoyable that way. (but I also like to cook. It’s fun but sometimes you’ll be criticize. Hmp..my niece rated my first time to cook tinolang manok below average..hays)

2 pcs coconuts, grated and milk squeezed
1 pc big onion, sliced alamang puree
Pork slices (optional)
1 kg siling haba, sliced diagonally into 1 cm. widths

1. Boil gata or coconut milk with onion, alamang puree and pork slices.
2. Add the sili.
3. Simmer until the sili is wilted.


Santan

Also called coco jam. I remember when we we’re kids that I used to eat this one a lot. I love sweets  My nephew even got hooked by it. But it’s tastier if home cooked. The commercialized coco jams are not that good.

Half sankaka or panotsa
4 cups milkfrom 6 grated coconuts
200 grams pili nuts, shelled and peeled
Dash of salt

1. Break panotsa into small pieces. Put in a pan.
2. Add coconut milk and cook over high heat. Bring to aboil and cook until the panotsa melts completely.
3. Turn heat to medium. While continuing to cook the mixture, add the pili nuts and salt.
4. Pour into molds and allow to set.



BADUYA/MARUYA

Its is more known as baduya but in some places in bicol it has a different name. In our town we call it “sinapot”. Just thinking of it, I want to eat it right now!
1 cup rice flour
Dash of salt
1 tsp baking powder
2 whole eggs, beaten
½ cup water
1 tsp cooking oil
Saba bananas, peeled and sliced lengthwise

1. In a bowl, sift together all dry ingredients. Set aside.
2. Mix together eggs, water and oil. Fold in dry ingredients and mix until smooth.
3. Dip 2 or 3 slices os saba in the batter and deep-fry as a cake until golden brown. Remove and drain off excess oil on paper towel.


ADOBONG PATA


This is my favorite! My sisters gave me a weird look when I requested that the only thing I want to eat on my graduation is this. I don’t want them to cooked (or order foods in amber). That would be more expensive. What’s important is just to eat the food that is available and eat it together as family. Anyways I am not inviting anyone. My friends and I have already celebrated our grad party the day before and I don’t want them to bother so much.


1 pc pata or pork knuckle, preferably the front part
1 cup bulaklak ng saging or banana heart
1 tbsp peppercorns
2 cups vinegar+ 1 cup water
1 pc onion, sliced
Soy sauce and brown sugar to taste

1. Cut pork knuckle into 6 pcs
2. Put all ingredients in a pot and boil until pata is tender.

No comments:

Post a Comment